Report a Violation
If you have been harmed by or have learned of conduct that you think may violate church-state separation or religious freedom, we may be able to help.
What are some examples of violations?
- Discrimination by a public, publicly funded, or private entity based on your or its religious beliefs
- Prayer, proselytizing, or religious instruction at public-school events or classes
- Public funding of religious activity
- Discriminatory or proselytizing prayer practices at meetings of governmental bodies
- Displays of religious texts or symbols on public property
Not all conduct in these categories is unlawful. And there are other kinds of conduct that violate church-state law. If you think that your rights may have been violated, please fill out the report form on this page so that we can assess whether they were.
Is my complaint confidential? Yes. We will not disclose your complaint or your identity to anyone else without your consent.