Open and non-discriminatory in their acceptance of all students, American public schools are a unifying factor among the diverse range of communities in our society. Private school voucher programs, however, undermine our nation’s public schools by diverting desperately needed resources away from the public school system to fund the education of a few, select students in private, often religious, schools.
While religious schools can serve a valuable role for many children, and parents certainly may choose such an education for their children, no taxpayer should be required to pay for another’s religious education.
This webinar will highlight the history and importance of prioritizing funding public education from the perspective of faith leaders and provide you with the tools you need to oppose private voucher programs.
- Elise Helgesen Aguilar, National Policy Counsel, Americans United
- Rev. Charles Johnson, Founder, Pastors for Texas Children
- Rev. Jennifer Hawks, Legal Counsel, BJC
- Rabbi Robert Barr, Founder, Congregation Beth Adam
- Suhag Shukla, Esq., Executive Director – Hindu American Foundation