Abercrombie & Fitch clothing stores require employees to adhere to a “look policy,” calculated to showcase the store’s aesthetic sensibility. Among other things, the policy requires that employees abstain from wearing “caps” while working.
- Opposition to parents' challenge to Maine program that allows towns that do not operate their own schools to pay tuition for students to attend nonreligious private schools or neigboring public schools, but not parochial schools.
- Challenge to proposed amendments to the Florida Constitution that would have permitted voucher subsidies for religious private schools in Florida, and would have eliminated the Florida Constitution's language barring tax aid to religion.
- Challenge to Wisconsin's funding of Faith Works, a religious drug and alcohol treatment center.
- Establishment Clause challenge to the National Day of Prayer statute.
- Challenge to placement of a Ten Commandments plaque outside a Pennsylvania state courthouse.
- Challenge to local Louisiana school board's policy requiring teachers to recite a disclaimer before lessons on evolution.
- In 2008, the Mount Vernon City School District began an investigation into eighth-grade science teacher John Freshwater, after the parents of one of Freshwater’s students complained that Freshwater had used a Tesla coil to brand a cross on the student’s arm.
- Challenge to Washington State program to provide state funds to eligible students for tuition at public or private universities, including those that are sectarian.
- Challenge to plan of Philadelphia school district to provide vouchers for parents to send their children to nearby public and private schools, including parochial schools.