- Americans United joined allies in urging the U.S. Supreme Court to ensure that misleading “crisis pregnancy centers” in California can’t use religiously motivated, deceptive tactics to trick women into believing they’re receiving comprehensive medical care.
- During a webinar hosted by Americans United, chapter members said building coalitions with other groups is key to fighting private school vouchers in the states.
Rachel K. Laser, Americans United’s new executive director, has hit the ground running. Her first week was a bit of a whirlwind – and it’s just the beginning.
- State legislators are proposing bills that would require the words "In God We Trust" to be displayed in public schools. These bills aren't about the national motto; they are intended to encourage children to believe in God.
- His legacy to fight for the rights of African-Americans to practice their faith in the same way that whites did lives on today, as his church is now a worldwide denomination, while the importance of the black church throughout American history continued to be immense after his era.
- No one should make the mistake of assuming that proposals like this are just jokes. They’re introduced to make a point, and they send a real message of harm to an entire segment of our population. They openly ridicule and mock people for seeking something that most folks want – a loving relationship with a partner that is legally recognized by the government.
- Rachel Laser, AU’s new executive director, introduces herself and her vision for building a coalition of advocates who understand that church-state separation is the foundation of religious freedom for all.
- Residents and city officials in Plano, Texas, are calling out the anti-Muslim rhetoric of one of Plano’s council members. Elected officials should ensure that all Americans, regardless of their beliefs, are treated with fairness, equality and respect.