Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin Constantly Used His Office To Promote Christian Nationalism. Last Night, He Lost His Job.During Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin’s tenure, he was kind of a one-man wrecking ball aimed at the church-state wall, regularly pushing policies to keep his far-right Christian fundamentalist base happy.
- Americans United believes that our laws and public policies should promote equal treatment, decency and dignity for everyone and that religion should never be an excuse to undermine these laws to cause harm or result in discrimination.
- The proposed HHS rule affects all department programs. HHS is a sprawling agency that sponsors more than 100 programs, dealing with issues such as homelessness, senior care, refugee resettlement and emergency housing. Potentially millions of Americans could be harmed if they are denied critical services because of this reckless rule.
- When she’s not boosting Trump among evangelicals, Paula White will likely join the president in promoting an agenda that is relentlessly anti-LGBTQ rights, anti-reproductive rights, anti-religious minority rights and anti-separation of religion and government
- Elizabeth Dole’s Senate campaign used 'godless' Americans as a foil, a group of people to fear and overcome. Thankfully, the voters of North Carolina saw through her mean-spirited attempt at division.
- AU’s legal team will make the case to a California judge today that President Donald Trump’s Denial of Care Rule is a dangerous violation of religious freedom that puts all of our lives at risk and must be stopped from going into effect next month.
Public Religion Research Institute (PRRI) issued a new report last week about the state of the American electorate in advance of the 2020 election.
- In a ruling this week, the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals continued blocking Trump administration rules that would allow employers and universities to deny their employees and students health-insurance coverage for contraceptive care. It’s a win for reproductive rights, religious freedom and common sense.